FIND THE GREATNESS WITHIN YOURSELF

You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. - Galileo

I am a competitive person and to me, that’s a good thing. Staying competitive is the opposite of being complacent. Complacency is the ultimate enemy of success.

In fact, when people ask me how to achieve great success, I usually explain that the most important first step is to get out of their comfort zone, which is a bad place to be.

If you are happy in your comfort zone, you need to move out of it. How else can you find the greatness that lies within you? That means confronting your weaknesses and not just admiring your own strengths. Doing that means getting your ego out of the picture and asking questions of people who know more than you do about how to achieve success. In short, it means self-examination and the hunger to learn new things.

I don’t just direct this kind of thinking toward others and what I think they should do with their lives. I direct it toward myself too. I compete very hard with myself, which is the ultimate form of competition. Trying to best yourself can make your aspirations and your achievements even more significant.

For example, the readers and writers of Business Week voted me one of the top 10 most competitive business people on the planet. To me, that is a great honor. I could have coasted for quite a long time on a credential like that. But instead, I let it drive me to do more and make even more significant things happen in my life.

Unless you plan to spend your time in a café, sipping cappuccino and watching life go by, I’d advise you to take similar steps towards making what you want happen in your life actually happen. The fact that you are reading this article now gives me a strong indication that you’re not a café type, but someone who is serious about success and achievement.

There is an old riddle that brings this to light: Five frogs were sitting on a log. Four decided to jump off. How many were left? Answer: Five. Why? Because there’s a difference between deciding and doing.

Think about that one for awhile and see if it pertains to you. If it does, there’s still time to get going and start making great things happen.

Written by Donald J. Trump

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to Ire

TruthOrator Daily Mind Refreshment And Food For Thought

The End ni Opin Cinema