Wise Sayings and Quotes on Contentment

Man falls from the pursuit of the ideal of plan living and high thinking the moment he wants to multiply his daily wants. Man’s happiness really lies in contentment. --Gandhi

I always get what I want because I always want what I get. --Tim Bischoff

Do not tell me that you have got to be rich! We have a false standard of greatness in the United States. We think here that a man must be great, that he must be notorious; that he must be extremely wealthy, or that his name must be upon the putrid lips of rumor. It is all a mistake. It is not necessary to be rich or to be great, or to be powerful, to be happy. The happy man is the successful man. Happiness is the legal tender of the soul.Joy is wealth. --Robert Ingersoll

A wise man is he who does not grieve for the thing which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. --Epictetus

Seek not that the things which happen should happen as you wish; but wish the things which happen to be as they are, and you will have a tranquil flow of life. --Epictetus

There are two kinds of freedom in the world; the freedom of the rich and powerful, and the freedom of the artist and the monk who renounces possessions. --Anais Nin

For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. --Bible, Phillipians 4:11

Contentment is the greatest form of wealth. --Acharya Nāgārjuna

A contented mind is the greatest blessing a man can enjoy in this world. --Joseph Adison

There is no end of craving. Hence contentment alone is the best way to happiness. Therefore, acquire contentment. --Sri Swami Sivanada

He is rich who is content with the least; for contentment is the wealth of nature. --Socrates

This happiness consisted of nothing else but the harmony of the few things around me with my own existence, a feeling of contentment and well-being that needed no changes and no intensification. --Herman Hesse

I don’t look for bliss, just contentment. --Alison Krauss‘We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.’ --Frederick Keonig

The richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least. --Arab Proverb

When you are discontent, you always want more, more, more. Your desire can never be satisfied. But when you practice contentment, you can say to yourself, ‘Oh yes – I already have everything that I really need. --Dalai Lama

He who is contented is rich. --Lao Tzu

Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you. --Lao Tzu

If you don’t get everything you want, think of the things you don’t get that you don’t want. --Oscar Wilde

Whatever the tasks, do them slowly with ease, in mindfulness, so not do any tasks with the goal of getting them over with. Resolve to each job in a relaxed way, with all your attention. --Thich Nhat Hanh

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. --John Lennon

At some point, you gotta let go, and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you. --Elizabeth Gilbert

Yours is only what you always have on you. --Peter Dunov

Prosperity depends more on wanting what you have than having what you want. --Geoffrey F. Abert

When the sun rises, I go to work. When the sun goes down, I take my rest. I dig the well from which I drink. I farm the soil which yields my food. I share creation. Kings can do no more. --Chinese Proverb, 2500 BC

Everything we possess that is not necessary for life or happiness becomes a burden, and scarcely a day passes that we do not add to it. --Robert Brault

To know when you have enough is to be rich beyond measure. --Lao Tzu

Regardless of Sunshine or Rain, Be Thankful for another GREAT day…and treat Life as the ULTIMATE Gift…. Because IT IS. --Pablo Valle

‘Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.’ --Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

‘Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.’ --Epicurus

To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness. --Bertrand Russell

Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers and are famous preservers of youthful looks. --Charles Dickens

ALL things in Nature work silently. They come into being and possess nothing. They fulfill their functions and make no claim. --Lao-Tzu

When we free ourselves of desire, we will know serenity and freedom. --Buddha

Be confident, cheerful and contented. The mind can produce any degree of contentment and peace. To generate these, no other agency or help is required. --Swami Boomananda Tirtha

Contentment consist not in adding more fuel, but in taking away some fire. --Thomas Fuller

I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate.Ah! There you are. You’re beautiful! --Rumi Elbert Hubbard

TruthOrator Daily Mind Refreshment And Food For Thought

Good Morning My Kings and Queens

I Appreciate You

K.O.P Bashorun.
'Your Life Orator'
CEO/Founder

Feel Free to Share

(c)2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to Ire

TruthOrator Daily Mind Refreshment And Food For Thought

The End ni Opin Cinema