TruthOrator Daily Mind Refreshment And Food For Thought

You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength. --Marcus Aurelius



What we call our destiny is truly our character and that character can be altered. The knowledge that we are responsible for our actions and attitudes does not need to be discouraging, because it also means that we are free to change this destiny. One is not in bondage to the past, which has shaped our feelings, to race, inheritance, background. All this can be altered if we have the courage to examine how it formed us. We can alter the chemistry provided we have the courage to dissect the elements. --Anaïs Nin



Any woman who is sure of her own wits, is a match, at any time, for a man who is not sure of his own temper. --Wilkie Collins



Never respond to an angry person with a fiery comeback, even if he deserves it...Don't allow his anger to become your anger. --Bohdi Sanders



If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them. --Michael Bassey Johnson



Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage. --Thucydides



Everybody in the world is seeking happiness—and there is one sure way to find it. That is by controlling your thoughts. Happiness doesn't depend on outward conditions. It depends on inner conditions. --Dale Carnegie



Educate your children to self-control, to the habit of holding passion and prejudice and evil tendencies subject to an upright and reasoning will, and you have done much to abolish misery from their future and crimes from society. --Benjamin Franklin



Swearing doesn’t make your argument valid; it just tells the other person you have lost your class and control. --Shannon L. Alde



He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still. --Lao Tzu



Here’s one of my favorite statements: We are never going to enjoy stability, we are never going to enjoy spiritual maturity until we learn how to do what’s right when it feels wrong, and every time you do what’s right by a decision of your will using discipline and self control to go beyond how you feel, the more painful it is in your flesh, the more you’re growing spiritually at that particular moment. --Joyce Meyer



Very often in everyday life one sees that by losing one's temper with someone who has already lost his, one does not gain anything but only sets out upon the path of stupidity. He who has enough self-control to stand firm at the moment when the other person is in a temper, wins in the end. It is not he who has spoken a hundred words aloud who has won; it is he who has perhaps spoken only one word. --Hazrat Inayat Khan



I tell you what when I see chocolate chip cookies I can’t just eat one. I’ve got to eat a dozen. I don’t have any self control. Well, come on! You’re just talking yourself right into the pit! You do have self control, and you need to start looking at those cookies and saying, “If I want you I’ll eat you, and if I don’t I won’t!” Come on! Talk to that plateful of food! I am born again and baptized in the Holy Ghost! I have the power of the universe on the inside of me, and if I do not want to eat you I will not eat you! I mean how do you expect to defeat the devil if you can’t even defeat a chocolate chip cookie!?!? --Joyce Meyer



Showing a lack of self-control is in the same vein granting authority to others: 'Perhaps I need someone else to control me. --Criss Jami



Good Morning My Kings and Queens



I Appreciate You



K.O.P Bashorun.

'Your Life Orator'

CEO/Founder



Feel Free to Share



(c)2015


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to Ire

TruthOrator Daily Mind Refreshment And Food For Thought

The End ni Opin Cinema